Following our oversubscribed Seed round in September 2021, led by high profile UK and US investors, we’re now looking to hire a Head of Product. To date, we’ve focused on building the MVP by validating hypotheses and testing new features with our beta users, and we’re proud that we’ve already achieved better user retention metrics than our closest competitors.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the leadership team to define a clear product vision, strategy and roadmap to align with our business objectives. The next goal is launching the product publicly and strengthening product market fit with our core audience, before implementing and scaling the commercial model of the business.
As Head of Product, you’ll work with us to define, plan and validate:
- What needs to be prioritised over the next 3, 6 and 12 months (and beyond) to achieve our goals?
- How can we strengthen initial product market fit?
- How do we scale our subscription revenue model?
- What do we need to achieve in order to successfully raise our Series A?
- What resources, processes, tools need to be in place or improved to achieve the above?
Reporting to the CEO, you will have complete ownership over all things product, regularly communicating with the leadership team. You'll also line manage our Product Manager, being responsible for her professional development and progression.
Impact you’ll have in first 6-12 months
- Champion the customer; understanding their needs to build a solution for their problems, while owning qualitative and quantitative data across the business
- Creating a clear strategy and roadmap to show what we need to achieve and how over the next 3, 6, 12 months+
- Creating full alignment across the content, design, engineering and product teams to deliver more value to our users
- Bridging the gap between the founders’ vision and the company’s product and communicating with the wider business so everyone can understand not just what we’re building, but why
- Foster a culture of rapid experimentation and continuous improvement to drive our North Star Metric
- Experience in taking a product from Seed to Series B (onwards), whether you were there as a Senior Product Manager, Product Lead or Head of, you’ll understand the startup journey and what needs to be achieved
- Proven experience in building a subscription-based consumer mobile app
- Experience in content rich products, ideally where you are helping the user to create new daily habits
- Understanding of what it takes to grow out a product function – data, metrics, people, process, tooling
- Comfortable working across all areas of the business at all levels
- Passionate product leader. You love product, you inspire those around you and can’t help but care about those tiny details that others may miss.
Bonus points for:
- An interest in mental health is a huge plus but not required!
- Working on cross-platform products (web, mobile, TV, tablet)
- Working on community-led products
Working At MindLabs
We think that in order to change the world, you need to first believe that you can change the world. And so our team is fundamentally optimistic by nature.
Everything we do is for our users, and because we're helping to improve something as important as their mental health, we make sure to craft products with the utmost care and highest attention to detail.
But most importantly, we want you to have fun while you're doing your life's work. We promote your wellbeing with regular socials, daily classes live in our office, industry-leading perks, and generous compensation, so you can rest assured knowing you'll be surrounded by teammates who are just as motivated as you are to change the world for the better.
We also offer some amazing benefits to attract only the best:
- Holidays: 27 days paid holiday every year (excluding bank holidays). And we want you to use them all!
- Stock Option Scheme: We run an employee share option scheme so you can have ownership in the company's future
- Family: 22 weeks at 100% full pay for the primary caregiver (if you've worked for us for over 52 weeks)
- Mental Health: Free opt-out mental health coaching, daily mind classes, and an in-office massage every month
- Birthdays: Have a day off on your birthday (on us) and the best cake in London to celebrate!
- Remote Working: At MindLabs, you have the option to work remotely; from home, from your local coffee shop, wherever you can get the job done.
- Pension: We add an extra 3% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month
- Equipment: We give you all the tools you need to work effectively, including a new MacBook, monitor, and keyboard
- Socials: Regular socials, fun activities, and yearly retreats (all optional, but we'd love for you to be there)
- Referral Bonus: We'll pay you a cash bonus for every new team member you refer after they pass their probation
Who are we?
We're a team of experienced product founders, video producers and mind experts. We're backed by amazing investors like PROfounders Capital (MADE), Passion Capital (Monzo), Seedcamp (Transferwise, Revolut), Slack Fund (Hopin, Notion) and the brains behind consumer brands like Sky, Zoopla, Uber, Carwow and many more.
We've previously created digital communities with millions of passionate followers. We want to do the same in the mental health space.
Read more about us on our website: https://wearemindlabs.com/