We are looking for an experienced (7+ years) backend engineer to be responsible for the development and improvement of our current backend services and infrastructure. As our senior backend engineer, you will be involved in all product decisions and help us shape our backend strategy, features, and technology.
If you want to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with opportunities, challenges, and freedom that will help you to grow and learn, then this is your chance.
- Work closely with the team to create a roadmap that delivers the company vision
- Be a core member of the product team to discuss requirements, solutions, and delivery
- Together with the team, you will bring our design concepts to life and create cutting-edge backend capabilities
- You will design technical solutions within your team’s architecture, and you are responsible for implementation, test, and operation
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You are curious and driven - we expect you to embrace the opportunity to actively learn new technologies and practices
- You are egoless and open-minded
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience writing Go and 7 years of experience as a backend engineer.
- You have experience creating and maintaining large-scale solutions and strive to own the entire development cycle
- Pragmatic in your approach and can differentiate evolutive from over-engineered solutions
- You understand the 12-factor app principles and bear them in mind in everything you do
- You are comfortable with the Golang ecosystem and frameworks, as well as Cloud infrastructure (preferably Google Cloud)
- You have experience with containerized stacks (docker, docker-compose), and persistence layers (e.g. Cloud SQL with PostgreSQL, etc.). You know how to find your way around microservice architectures, REST services, asynchronous distributed systems, etc
- You are experienced with Infrastructure as code (preferably Pulumi)
- You have a strong interest in serverless technologies and are always looking to reduce the maintenance overhead of what you build
- Your experience ranges from early-stage start-ups to bigger, well-established organizations
- You always challenge yourself to deliver high-quality code
- You strive to build clean, maintainable, and scalable code and follow SDLC best practices
Who are we?
We're a team of experienced product founders, video producers and mind experts. We're backed by amazing investors like PROfounders Capital (MADE), Passion Capital (Monzo), Seedcamp (Transferwise, Revolut), Slack Fund (Hopin, Notion) and the brains behind consumer brands like Sky, Zoopla, Uber, Carwow and many more.
We've previously created digital communities with millions of passionate followers. We want to do the same in the mental health space.